Pinole Valley Watershed to Sobrante Ridge Regional Preserve
This segment begins in the western Pinole Valley Watershed and climbs to the ridge over hilly grassland, entering the regional preserve after 1 mile. The preserve’s route is mostly a ridgetop fire road, and partially shaded, providing remarkable views of the mountains that ring the bay.
• From: Pereira Road in Martinez
• To: Pinole Valley Road in El Sobrante
• Length: 6.5 miles one way for hikers and equestrians; 6.9 miles one way for multiuse route; car shuttle possible.
• Elevation Gain/Loss: 1,195 feet/1,175 feet for hikers and equestrians, 820 feet/975 feet for mountain bikers
• Accessibility: Hikers, equestrians, and mountain bikers with trail-use permits
(This trail description is excerpted from the 2019 Guidebook. For details on all trails, trailheads, and more, buy the book from Wilderness Press. For more resources to plan your trip, visit our Trail Tools page.)