Tilden to Redwood Regional via Skyline Trail, Sibley and Huckleberry
Climb to dramatic views on San Pablo Ridge, descend to wooded streamsides, and traverse open grasslands. This trip along the spine of the East Bay Hills crosses varied landscapes on trails that range from wide and rocky service roads to duff-covered narrow paths. You gain and lose considerable elevation in short stretches: a 920-foot gain in Tilden Regional Park and a 600-foot loss in Rob-ert Sibley Volcanic Regional Preserve. This long segment can also be completed in shorter sections.
• From: Inspiration Point in Orinda
• To: Skyline Gate in Oakland
• Length: 9.5 miles one-way for hikers and equestrians, 4.3 noncontiguous miles one-way for moun- tain bikers Three shorter sections possible; car shuttle possible.
• Elevation Gain/Loss: 1,785 feet/1,520 feet one-way (hikers and equestrians)
• Accessibility: Hikers, equestrians, and mountain bikers (bikers prohibited on EBMUD section and some EBRPD sections)
(This trail description is excerpted from the 2019 Guidebook. For details on all trails, trailheads, and more, buy the book from Wilderness Press. For more resources to plan your trip, visit our Trail Tools page.)