Bothe-Napa Valley State Park
This Ridge Trail segment, an excellent outing in hot weather, offers an opportunity to hike or bike up Ritchey Canyon through the woods and alongside a scenic creek. The 1,900-acre park is the furthest inland state park with coast redwoods. There are many route options for a return trip, so be sure to pick up a trail map when you enter the park.
• From: Bothe-Napa Valley State Park Entrance Road
• To: Traverso Homestead in Calistoga
• Length: 3.4 miles one-way (plus 3.4 mile return to trailhead)
• Elevation Gain/Loss: 1,120 feet/75 feet one-way
• Accessibility: Hikers and equestrians. Mountain bikers for first 2.2 miles
(This trail description is excerpted from the 2019 Guidebook. For details on all trails, trailheads, and more, buy the book from Wilderness Press. For more resources to plan your trip, visit our Trail Tools page.)