Cull Canyon to Five Canyons Parkway and Don Castro Regional
This segment connects two regional recreation areas and crosses urbanized Castro Valley, as well as the I-580 freeway. Follow creekside and woodland paths and city streets, passing schools and resi-dential neighborhoods. This is an opportunity to get to know sections of Castro Valley.
• From: Cull Canyon Regional Recreation Area
• To: Five Canyons Parkway in Castro Valley
• Length: 2.6 miles one-way for hikers, 1.3 noncontiguous miles one-way for equestrians, 1.4 miles one-way for mountain bikers; car shuttle possible.
• Elevation Gain/Loss: 310 feet/210 feet for hikers
• Accessibility: Hikers, equestrians, and mountain bikers (equestrians prohibited in hiker-only section, and mountain bikers only allowed south of Independent Elementary School)
(This trail description is excerpted from the 2019 Guidebook. For details on all trails, trailheads, and more, buy the book from Wilderness Press. For more resources to plan your trip, visit our Trail Tools page.)