Wunderlich County Park to Huddart County Park
Follow the gently graded Skyline Trail through redwood and Douglas-fir forests just below the crest of the Santa Cruz Mountains. Discover unusual spring wildflowers along one of the few remaining segments of the old California Riding and Hiking Trail, a trail system established in 1954. Take this easy, shaded trail on a summer day when you need a retreat from the valley heat.
• From: Skyline Trail from Wunderlich West Gate
• To: Purisima Creek Trailhead in Woodside
• Length: 5.9 miles one-way; car shuttle possible.
• Elevation Gain/Loss: 715 feet/845 feet one-way
• Accessibility: Hikers and equestrians
(This trail description is excerpted from the 2019 Guidebook. For details on all trails, trailheads, and more, buy the book from Wilderness Press. For more resources to plan your trip, visit our Trail Tools page.)