Coyote Creek Parkway South
Take a creekside stroll or ride through the undeveloped broad Coyote Creek oodplain. Enjoy pleasant rest stops under large shade trees and awesome views of the nearby Coast Range. The trail provides an opportunity to appreciate what the Santa Clara Valley looked like before it was developed. The entire route follows a level paved trail (with a separate unpaved path for horses). Much of the trail is in the sun, so plan the trip for cooler weather.
• From: Metcalf Park in San José
• To: Anderson Lake Visitor Center in Morgan Hill
• Length: 9.2 miles one-way; car shuttle possible.
• Elevation Gain: 150 feet one-way
• Accessibility: Hikers, bicyclists, equestrians, and wheelchair users. Equestrians use alternative marked trail.
(This trail description is excerpted from the 2019 Guidebook. For details on all trails, trailheads, and more, buy the book from Wilderness Press. For more resources to plan your trip, visit our Trail Tools page.)