Crockett Hills Regional Park
Climb and descend high, hilly grasslands for scenic views southeast to Mount Diablo, west to Mount Tamalpais, and north to the Carquinez Strait. A section of the Carquinez Strait Scenic Loop Trail, the Bay Area Ridge Trail traverses exposed grassy hills south of Cummings Parkway, and can be hot in summer. Watch for ticks on the narrow trails in spring!
• From: Crockett Ranch Staging Area in Crockett
• To: Trail’s End near CA 4 in Rodeo
• Length: 5.4 miles one-way (plus 5.4-mile return to trailhead; shorter return route possible)
• Elevation Gain/Loss: 1,250 feet/1,000 feet one-way
• Accessibility: Hikers, equestrians, and mountain bikers
(This trail description is excerpted from the 2019 Guidebook. For details on all trails, trailheads, and more, buy the book from Wilderness Press. For more resources to plan your trip, visit our Trail Tools page.)